Friday, February 19, 2010

Our Story – Miracle for Mi’kaila

Our Story – Miracle for Mi’kaila

Originally published: January 22, 2010 by troyofillinois

UPDATE: I apologize to my readers for that mistake, when I read the website while posting this, it did not say that. It must have been changed before I copied and pasted. I will be more careful in the future!

This is becoming too hard to bear. Another little girl sent to live with a sexual abuser, this time to her step-brother. My soul is definitely scarred from reading these stories. We must stop saying that it doesn’t happen. This is happening every minute of every day, how will this ever stop? We all need to be voices for these children and protective parents who are not being heard. It’s just too much, I can’t write anymore:


This is my daughter, M’kaila Denae. She has a tragic story to tell and I am here to share it with you.
When M’kaila was 2 years old her father and I split up. We never went to court to make formal custody arrangements. When she was about 3 1/2 her father filed custody out of retaliation for my asking for child support. The judge denied his request giving him simple visitation and awarded me physical custody and child support. This situation went on for about a year.
On her father’s summer visitation with her, which lasted about 2 weeks, M’kaila started to have some strange behavior. She was sleep walking, having nightmares and talking in her sleep. She had never done any of these things before. Although I thought it was strange, I dismissed it thinking she was just frightened of being in a new place and away from me.”


To read the rest of this story and to sign the petition, please go here:
http://miracleformkaila.weebly.com

Thank you for reading.

Troy

No comments:

Post a Comment